Thursday, August 2, 2012
Promises to love better
It's been too long since I have written, I do regret not writing every day. Nothing frees the heart and mind like bearing your soul to others. I believe in being real.... all the time. On my mind today, there has been regret and shame. I have not spent as much time with the ones I love as I should have. I am especially speaking about my dad and my son. Earlier today I was afraid I may lose my dad and I realize how much I have missed of his old self before the diagnosis of dementia. I miss the fishing, the boxing, the jokes. I miss it all and my chest sinks into my stomach to see this disease steal his joy. He was such a strong man but that strength has grown into a depression that only lifts in certain moments. Today, thankfully was one of those moments. He was especially happy to see Isaiah after I had heard he was not doing well. I dropped everything and went to see him. I want to spend more time helping him. It is hard with two children but I am trusting God. Isaiah has been my world for the past two years so my realization that I had not been there like I should as a daughter further burdened my heart that I may not have been the mother I long to be either. I want to love deeper, to be more selfless, to brighten more days. I need strength and empowerment from my Lord Jesus to help me through all these dark times. I need Him more than anything to keep me strong and focused. I need Him to show me how to love. When I look at my precious boy and now my little girl I deeply desire to be an example of Christ's love. I want them to know I delight in them much like the way He delights in me. Sometimes I don't always believe He does or feel it but I want to. My heart longs to enjoy every moment with my babies and cast away all frustrations, tasks, and lies that I tell myself. These precious ones are my calling, my blessings, my home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All the little broken pieces
I've been in pieces for so long God, aren't you ready to me back together? Isn't it time to put them back together again? I l...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.