Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Listening is best

Finally, a quiet ending to a long and exerting day. It is safe to say I learned at least two things today.... (1) anger can ruin your life, and (2) there are no potty training pants that actually hold water (or not water if you catch my drift).

James 1:19-20
This you know, my beloved brethren. But let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.

Today was emotionally trying if nothing else. In case I forgot to mention it, we are attempting to potty train my two-year-old son. It is not going well. I do give my very best effort under the sun to
refrain from being upset with him and pretend it isn't a huge deal when runs and hides from me. He does this every single time it is changing time be it a training diaper, regular diaper, or training pants. He loves to run to this blue wing-back chair in my living room and takes a nose dive underneath just peaking up at me. It is his favorite game however clueless is he, I hate it. I take that back, by now, he ought to have several clues. This kid is like super toddler on steroids, King Pull-Up ok? He does not take orders, he is Big Chief and center of the universe in his world. Point is, when one thing makes you angry, doesn't it just seem like everything makes you angry? I have been having a little talk with Jesus pretty much daily about helping me with patience and changing my heart in dealing with these angry moments. Now I just hope I can shut up and listen. If we could listen more and talk less, we would all do well. I pray about these things because I do not want my children's memories of me to be angry/not so happy times outweighing the good times. Lord knows that my babies are more precious than anything to me but it is amazing how quickly you can lose sight of that when you are being tested.  I am telling all, of course. Come on,  you have thought it. I am just honest about it.

Thankfully, God changes our hearts and we don't have to. We can't. We just have to let him do the changing. Praise God, He gives us a crown of beauty instead of ashes. But that is a whole new day, more on that tomorrow.

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

All the little broken pieces

 I've been in pieces for so long God, aren't you ready to me back together? Isn't it time to put them back together again? I l...