Friday, January 17, 2014

Not all is Sunshine and Rainbows

Each day I open my eyes, optimism is on the horizon. Aware of the freshness of a new day, I am hopeful for the good. But whoever received rainbows without a drop of rain? We pray for the sunshine.

Today was a hard day. A rainy day.

We all have a fear or two in our lives. For me, it is being an uncaring or bad mother, for others, it may be loss of control, or fear of being alone etc.. A lot of these fears come from our childhood, from some way that this corrupted world has broken us. It is a real test of what we are going to believe when someone comes along and challenges us with that which we fear. Even when we know we have worked desperately to make sure that the fear does not become a reality, the truth is that we are not people who do not fail. Even the smallest detail can slip by, but be careful not to let it fall into the hands of the enemy. The enemy seeks to suck the life out of us, our faith, and our identity in Christ. He will use anything and anyone he can. He will succeed if we let him.

I believe we do well for ourselves when we look over our past so that we can learn how to move forward, not to dwell on any part of it, but to grow in wisdom and truth. We should only look back to see what it is that makes us fear. What "thing" can set us off like nothing else?  Whatever we lived, or witnessed as a child that shaped us and changed our perspective of how we see ourselves and others, could be the very thing we need to pray for God to release us from.

I don't always like the rain in my life but I have to thank God for using it to grow me. I have to thank Him for showing my reflection in those muddy, rainy moments. They remind me that I am not who anyone says I am. I am His beloved daughter.

Who else is there to hold me at the end of the day. Who can I trust to keep me together when the world falls to pieces and I come undone? Then I hear Him whisper softly..." I called  you, and I qualified you to do that which you are doing. I gave you your name."

http://www.kandicemarie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

All the little broken pieces

 I've been in pieces for so long God, aren't you ready to me back together? Isn't it time to put them back together again? I l...