Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Mother's Love, A Savior's gift

In my early twenties, I was uncertain whether I wanted children. I had big plans for me; thinking I would have some reputable career in a big city, you know, really change things. I thought a family may slow things down. Oh how the vision we cling to for ourselves unravels before the Throne.


Thankfully, for we who are called by the Lord, where we begin and where we end are as far as the East is from the West. God ordains this journey. After all, when we celebrate a new life in Christ, the end is only the beginning.The Creator of the universe truly does make all things new.


I am convinced that parenting is God's way of plucking away the little pieces of "me" that get in the way of allowing His plan to be fulfilled. Refining me has made me His new creation, His masterpiece. Having been a woman who knew exactly what she wanted, I was taken aback to find that my children are the one thing I never knew I always wanted. God knew.


As women, we are complex. Our tears flow when we are happy, prayerful, saddened, and frustrated. We laugh when we are full of joy, sing when we worship our Lord, and smile even when our hearts are broken. Created in God's image, we have a capacity for love that only mothers understand. We were given undeserved, miraculous ability to bring forth life, just as our Creator gives life. Handmade by God, a woman’s design reveals a beautiful story. The pages of this life have been written by Him, and our calling is to teach our children the grandeur of His presence. God created women to love with a love like His own. Selfless. He knows His daughters so intimately, He knew that granting us children would awaken something dead within us. Something powerful, something indelible.

In making us mothers, God would not only breathe life into our child but also breathe life into our souls. As a mom, your eyes are opened and so your heart is awakened to a fierce, reckless love, a love that never dies. There will be moments when our love may fail but His hand gently leads us still, and our Father's love never fails.



http://www.kandicemarie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

All the little broken pieces

 I've been in pieces for so long God, aren't you ready to me back together? Isn't it time to put them back together again? I l...